Synology recently released a Synology Cloud2, ideally suited for small and medium-sized business.
C2 is hosted in Frankfurt, Germany, which means it will comply with the high privacy standards required by EU regulators.
Synology indicates there are plans for building future datacenters in other parts of the world, but for the time being, Frankfurt is the only geographical area available.
For this service, Synology is focusing on a “One-Stop Service”. Previously Synology Cloud storage products relied on third-party cloud products. Now the emphasis is on an in-house development.
Among the features announced are:
- Military grade AES-256 and RSA-2048 encryption technologies, for the data in transit or at rest.
- Versatile file history, with multiple data recovery points.
- Granular, file level restore.
- Scheduled backup tasks.
Pricing is always a concern for any size business, so Synology is offering a very aggressive pricing structure for the C2 backup.
Target capacities start at 100 GB / €9.99 yearly up to 1 TB / €59.99 and 1 TB+ for €69.00/TB/Year.
Pulsar Technology Corp is a South Florida IT support and solutions enterprise, assisting small and medium-sized business in Miami, West Palm Beach, Jupiter, and surrounding areas.
- Windows Server 2022 now generally available. Delivers innovation in security, hybrid, and containers. - September 16, 2021
- Google Simplifies Hardware Security Key 2FA Options. - August 9, 2021
- Microsoft Announces Windows 365 Cloud PC - July 14, 2021