Yesterday, June 29, 2022, Synology announced a high density NAS in a rack form factor. Ideal for Private, on Premise Cloud, or for Cross Site Syncing. this 4U rackmount enclosure supports up to 300 Drives.
Among the announced specs are:
- 2 x 10 Intel Xeon.
- 64 GB DDR4 Error Correcting (ECC)
- Scalable up to four units
- Dual Power Supply
- Three Gigabit Ethernet, two 10GBE RJ-45 Ports (10GbE SFP+/RJ-45, 25GbE SFP28)
- Failover, Network Balancing.
This unit is also ideal for Surveillance storage, or as a Massive File Server.
Please see the complete Hardware and Software Specifications at Synology’s Website.
Please see the full announcement at Synology’s site.
Images (c) courtesy of Synology America.
- Ubiquiti Insider. What’s new in the UniFi Ubiquiti ecosystem: UniFi Network 7.2, UniFi Protect AI Theta, Building to Building Bridge. - August 18, 2022
- Ubiquiti Insider. What’s new in the UniFi Ubiquiti ecosystem: UniFi Protect AI Theta. - August 14, 2022
- Seagate Announces Nytro© 5050 NVMe SSD Series - August 10, 2022