Attack Surface 1.0 was released back in 2012. It enabled developers and IT professionals to monitor and identify changes made to core operating systems during installations.
Now with Attack Surface Analyzer 2.0, admins can install it on a variety of platforms, including Linux, macOS. It is also available on GitHub as an open source project.
Some of the risks that can be detected include attacks on critical areas, for example:
- File System
- User Accounts
- System Services
- Listening on Network Ports
- Windows Registry
- System Certificate Stores.
Extensive documentation can be found on the Wiki.
- Windows Server 2022 now generally available. Delivers innovation in security, hybrid, and containers. - September 16, 2021
- Google Simplifies Hardware Security Key 2FA Options. - August 9, 2021
- Microsoft Announces Windows 365 Cloud PC - July 14, 2021