On April 29,2020, Javier Soltero, VP of Google Gsuite announced that Google Meet will be available free for everyone.
With the current COVID-19 situation “we have seen the power of video meetings” to collaborate with coworkers, friends, or family.
Google emphasizes on security and scalability of the service.
With availability in the coming weeks, Google Meet used to be a paid product under the business GSuite category.
Some of the safety features announced include:
- Robust controls on the host side, in order to admit or deny entry into a meeting, mute, or remove participants.
- No anonymous users allowerd.
- Complex meeting codes. No easy to guess codes
- Video encrypted in transit.
- No addons or plugins. Works on Chrome or any moder browser.
- App for iOS or Androdi devices
- Support for GDPR and HIPAA
- Data not shared to third parties.
You can read the complete announcement at Google’s Blog: https://www.blog.google/products/meet/bringing-google-meet-to-more-people/
- Ubiquiti Insider. What’s new in the UniFi Ubiquiti ecosystem: UniFi Network 7.2, UniFi Protect AI Theta, Building to Building Bridge. - August 18, 2022
- Ubiquiti Insider. What’s new in the UniFi Ubiquiti ecosystem: UniFi Protect AI Theta. - August 14, 2022
- Seagate Announces Nytro© 5050 NVMe SSD Series - August 10, 2022